Forgiveness

Forgiving yourself is life's greatest challenge.

Name:
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida, United States

Adopted, only child...need I say more? That has a whole set of sterotypes right there!

Friday, July 07, 2006

RECONNECTING

Last night, I decided to get back on to My Space and search for people. I haven’t been on My Space for awhile, but I was bored, my husband was playing some video game and hogging the TV. So I decided to look up my old schools again to see if other people had signed up. I was astonished at how many more people were on from my high school. I was overjoyed to see two people that I had lost touch with after I got married and moved away.

One was one of my best girlfriends from high school named Steph. The other was a guy friend I had known since 6th grade named Andy. I sent both of them friend requests and was overjoyed to get a request to Instant Message from Andy. I spent the next hour catching up with him. It was awesome.

The best part was getting transported back to a time in my life when I was really, truly happy. Before I began cutting myself and throwing up. Before I quit fully being myself. Andy and I were part of a larger “artsy” crowd that hung out most every weekend in various group combinations. Without sounding like too much of a nerd, I will say that the choir and orchestra rooms were right by each other and the drama rooms were just down the hall. I was entrenched into all things music and art related so we all hung out a lot. We all had a lot in common. Much of my Sr. year was spent hanging out at coffee shops listening to local live bands and discussing life as we knew it back then. Some nights, we would all go to the local retro ballroom and dance. Wednesday night was ballroom, Thursday night was swing, Friday night was latin and Saturday night was club. By the end of the year, I was quite the swing dancer. Oh I do miss that. Happy, happy times.

I saw that Steph replied back to me on My Space but I am now at work and blocked from that site. Smart on our company’s part. We’d all be wasting our time with My Space instead of working. I can’t wait to talk to her. Sometimes all of this technology is a good thing…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home