Forgiveness

Forgiving yourself is life's greatest challenge.

Name:
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida, United States

Adopted, only child...need I say more? That has a whole set of sterotypes right there!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A New Focus

I was reading over my old blogs and something occurred to me. I have spent a lot of time and energy talking about what is wrong in my life. Sure, I feel somewhat justified in my negativity because I’ve had a lot to feel bad about. The past two years have been all about dealing with low self-esteem and shame and then where all of that came from.

But seriously, this blog is just depressing and whiny. Therefore I am instituting some balance…some positive balance. I have so many things in life to be thankful for right now and I am going to start paying more attention and energy towards those aspects of my life. Not that I won't ever post a frustration blog...but there does need to be a balance.

I am thankful today for:
1) That I am healthy
2) Supportive friends and family
3) I have taken steps to regain my life and identity
4) I’m learning how to set positive boundaries between me and those around me
5) I have not forced myself to throw up in 5 months

So much to be thankful for and a bright future to look forward to.

2 Comments:

Blogger Doughnut said...

I am thankful that you are so thankful inspite of everything that has happened in your life. I agree that a person can get into a downward negative spiral like going into a tailspin. Hard to see clearly when the ground is coming up so fast. The reality, as you point out, is that there are things to be thankful for.

The future does look bright for you...in so many ways!

10:23 PM  
Blogger cathRN said...

I did the same thing when I first started a blog. I think it helps though, a way to vent those issues in life that have caused pain. Because, now I have gotten through that negative time, I've gotten to a place of living a life of gratitude. But I hadn't gone back to share any new information or stories. From reading yours though, I believe I should. Thank you for your insights.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home