Forgiveness

Forgiving yourself is life's greatest challenge.

Name:
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida, United States

Adopted, only child...need I say more? That has a whole set of sterotypes right there!

Monday, July 24, 2006

New Favorite Movie Quote:

Last night I watched the movie "Upside of Anger." It was a delightful movie full of sarcasm, cynical humor and truth. And also a little bit of a viewpoint of life that was a bit hard to watch... But that's another post.

Within this movie is quote that had me in stitches. Maybe part of it was the 4 glasses of wine too...I don't know but here it is. A mother is confronting a 40 year old on why he is dating her 19 year old daughter...

Adam "Shep" Goodman: Who should I sleep with, Terry? Women like you? Your age? My age? I don't. You know why? 'Cause younger women are nice. You take them out, and they're actually grateful. "oh look, a steak. Yummy." You go for a walk after dinner and the air smells nice, they say, "Thank you. This was nice. This was fun. You're funny. Tee-hee-hee." What should I do, Terry? Settle down and marry some pissed-off thing like you?

...and here's the best part (could be applied to anything unpleasant in life)...

I'd rather have someone come over and do dental work, EVERY DAY, from my backside, through my ASS!

Classic. Just classic, I say.

Another good one is when Kevin Costner's character is with Terry (the mom who's husband has left her) and is fed up with her antics. He rants,

I am so SICK of being your bitch. I put up with your shit because I know how much PAIN you're in! But it's ENOUGH! It's a tall order for a patient motherfucker, and I am the furthest thing from that you're ever going to lay eyes on.

Hahaha. People really aren't allowed to be in too much pain. Others get sick of you. It is sadly true. A woman mopes around a little too long after her husband dies and she "just needs to start moving on with life." A guy struggling with depression after a divorce and he "just needs to get laid." Anyone struggling just needs to be put on happy pills. It's sad really. Sometimes I don't know why Hollywood gets paid so much to act when everyday people in their everyday lives act so often and so well. We go to work and snap-to-it regardless that personal lives are falling apart. We go home, kiss our kids, make dinner, have lively conversation for the family's sake and then weep silently to ourselves at night. Is it right? Is it good? Is it really healthy to sacrifice ourselves for the sake of others to the point of harming ourselves? Does God really want people to be miserable but stay with things because society has deemed it the "right" thing to do? Because by God, we have responsibilities! I don't know. I'm rambling at this point.

I guess I will leave you with this... If you know someone that is going through something, maybe listen for a change. It might not be something they can "just get over." Plus, you never know when you are going to need the listening reciprocated and I guarantee you, the friend you helped will never forget what you did and therefore will be very willing to return the favor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home